Friday 15 December 2017

Victorian Candyfloss featuring StalkBuyLove


There have been so many inspirations throughout history that I strive to try on my blog. Yes, I 'm much rooted in the history of fashion like that but unable to translate the entire look.

Also one of the reasons I don't do it is not to make it look entirely costum-ey! Is that even a word?
Here's my mood board for this post,I always make one before I write my posts -hence decided must post it too!




My love for history has actually enabled me enough to be a lecturer at a design school in Mumbai- this gives me unprecedented access to lots of books. So while I was teaching my classes about Queen Elizabeth I swelled deep into not books but documentaries/ movies. We see the influence time to time in different variations but what if I had to make it my own, how would I do it. I wondered.

Story's second part goes on to how much I surf online shopping websites before doing anything else on the web is not even a joke. To get me in my zone I need to know what's happening with the e-com retailers. So I stumbled upon a pink shirt dress with beautiful collar. Now okay, I have very little or no neck(m no hate there) but I wondered if I could carry the dress. What the heck, I ordered it anyway-the things pink can make you feel. Cut to Goa and on last Day I knew how perfectly my Intoto heels matched my dress and my clutch from Kunst. I had to do something about it.

And could I have found a better location with a better name---PINK CHILLI
We started to shoot the look and Sanky did the most wonderful tight curls-Well I do look like somebody caught up between the kitsch time machine of today and Victorian era really. This looks however put together may not be what I imagined it to be but this is why I started the blog really. To feel unsettled, to take more fashion risks and not know what result I had wished upon.

My eye makeup is really a simple winged liner and pink lipstick to complete the overdose. You can get this dress from StalkBuyLove, heels(absolute love) from Intoto and beautiful sequinned clutch from Kunst by Diksha.











No comments:

Post a Comment