Saturday 8 October 2016

Fabulous 50's with LURAP

1950's -The years were also part of the 1946-1964 time period known as the "postwar era" and "baby boom era." Defining themes of the 1950s include the rise of rock 'n' roll music, the increased move of families to the suburbs, the civil rights movement and the beginning of the cold war.

I always love how fashion repeat in cycles.
The full skirt, tight bodice, of the ‘50s dress continued in the early ’60s with an at or slightly above the knee hemline defines the silouhtte majorly.

Because The waistline was a major issue in the 1950s. Some women really like the snug fit of the Dior dresses while others liked the dresses with no waistline, often referred to as “sack dresses.” Fashion in the 1950s varied greatly from the beginning to end. Maybe not quite as extreme as the 60s, 1950s fashion saw the introduction of many new styles as well as many styles that paid homage to the 1920s.

The New Look

Christian Dior introduced the New Look in 1947. With its tight cinched waist, billowing skirt, and pronounced bust line, the New Look recalled historic styles of the mid-19th century and set the tone for the next decade.

As the decade came to a close, music was getting ready for major changes and disruptions. New sounds were happening and even the way that music was written, recorded and sold was changing. The big factor – baby boom kids were just entering their teens and looking to break out of the norms. Times were a-changing.

                 


                                       
As the decade came to a close, music was getting ready for major changes and disruptions. New sounds were happening and even the way that music was written, recorded and sold was changing. The big factor – baby boom kids were just entering their teens and looking to break out of the norms. Times were a-changing.

For my outfit,I picked up this Attitude Dress from LURAP, custom made to my size.I absolutely adored the scallop detailing on the neckline. I have talked about my entire website experience including the quality and pricing here.
I know you have seen an overdose of my NEW LOOK heels but they just seem to go with every damn dress right now and I'm a little over, obsessed!



  and oh my did I mention ,it has pockets too!
Check  out the Attitude Dress on LURAP










The hair was done by fabulous The Mad Hair Scientist,as I refer Sanky now! I'm wearing Chambor's  Transfer proof Liquid lipstick in the shade 405 and we used our coastal scents palette along with Meet Matte Nude Palette by The Balm.

My blue outgrown hair is the perfect contradiction to this beautiful burgundy full skirt dress. I'm definitely wearing a bodysuit underneath for the clinched waist effect by BWITCH.

Back in 50's crinoline was pretty  popular but Oh girl! Ain't nobody got the time to deal with the damn crinoline.
Let me know how did you like my blog rant and if you've tried shopping from Lurap yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment